Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Journey of 30 Years or A Dream Fullfilled

The first time I remember the words coming out of my mouth I must have been around 10 and I had probably watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. As I recall I said something like "Someday I will have a room just for chocolate!" As I got older I wanted room for horses and friends and kids but the basic dream remained unchanged. I wanted my own house.  I have been putting it together in my head, in magazines and recently on Pintrest. Some areas of style are pretty well nailed down and some are still pretty hazy. You would think after this long I would have it down cold right? Well no not really. Because although I've wanted a house for 30 years there were a lot of years there where I wasn't sure how it was ever going to happen. Making rent and feeding us was beyond my reach, but the dream was still there, lurking in the background.

The house has gotten smaller over the years in my head from a mega mansion to a place where friends can gather and it doesn't take all day to clean. The daydreams of a 10 year old to reality and lots of things in walking and driving distance for a 40 year old.  But dreams do come true and this American dream is now my by the grace of God and there is no doubt in my mind that His hand is in this real estate transaction.

Starting with a real estate agent from my family,  to a financial officer who was awesome. From the lack of nerves in the bidding process, to the loft that appeared that wasn't photographed, to the appraisal process. My sister in law found a house full of furniture from people who were moving at incredible rates (thanks again). DJ sewing and stuffing couch cushions, Brian hauling totes all over for me. Providence is everywhere in this process.

Here is the view from my new front door:



Here is my living room:



My window seat in the master bedroom:



My loft that will become my office:



I have all kinds of plans for redecorating and will post progress starting with the painting party this weekend.

Thank you in advance to everyone who is helping with the entire moving process. This has been a dream for me for as long as I can remember. Thank you to everyone involved.



No comments: