Friday, February 13, 2015

Pondering What is Important In Life

Pondering What Is Important In Life

This week we have discussed the 10 Commandments and how Jesus was able to refine those down to 2 guiding commandments.  We have discussed the Golden Calf and the Children of Israel. I confess I still don't understand the choices they made. The Children of Israel lived in a time when they didn't have to listen for a still small voice, the Lord would speak aloud to them.  Of course they didn't have the Atonement yet, and they didn't have the benefit of the the written word of the Lord being compiled into the Bible and Book of Mormon yet either. However I have gotten onto a tangent. 

I still find my mind and heart occupied with the "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" and the golden calf.  One of my classmates did a topic on how we cannot serve two masters. That's what Aaron was trying to do with the children, please both them and the Lord. He called it a day of the Lord yet the calf was right there, two masters.

We must examine our life and make sure the Lord, Our Heavenly Father is first and foremost. He must be leading our lives - He isn't a follower.

No comments: