Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Believe

No, I'm not declaring for a Pagan or Wiccan path, however the above image does pull to me though, I really like it allot. Beliefs are a very personal topic and can change over time, I remember being sure that one way was the only way. As I have gotten older I have come to many realizations at the ripe old age of 37...

I believe that you have the right to believe whatever you want. I might even want to talk to you about it and debate ideas with you. However please don't shove your beliefs down my throat.

I believe absolutely in a higher power. I know He is there, I personally choose to call Him God, sometimes I call Him Heavenly Father. You may call Him Allah, Deity or whatever you want, He is big enough to embrace all names, in the bible He called Himself IAM.

I believe in the power of energy. I have seen and felt it. I have seen amazing things happen using energy manipulation and energy comes from the earth and the universe both of which were created by God.

I believe that meditation in any form is another form of prayer.

I believe in reincarnation...but realistically...come on, we all weren't Ramses or Cleopatra. I do believe that we keep meeting up with the same souls til we get it right.

I believe that we are all connected and that the Butterfly Effect is real. What we do effects others - in that light, personal responsibility is one of the most important traits a person can possess.

I believe in Angels and Demons, and that there are other worlds, some right under our noses and just out of our sight.

I believe that any step along the path of faith is a good one - no one has all the answers, no one knows the mind of God, and that we are here to learn and grow.

I believe that Jesus Christ lived and that He was the son of God. I believe that He performed miracles and rose from the dead.

I believe that Joseph Smith saw God and received His message - that he was Gods prophet in the latter days.

I believe that the Bible is the word of God.

I believe God knows His children, and like any Father finds the best way to speak to them so that they will understand. His messages are everywhere if you listen.

No matter what your religion or lack of religion, I believe you have a right to your beliefs.

1 comment:

Sean Sullivan said...

Well said and wise.