Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thoughts on Decorating

Lets face it, I love decorating for Christmas, its one of my favorite times of year. I love everything about Christmas. So why do I always feel like I'm failing in the decorating department? I look at "everyone else's" house and see their amazing lights, and outside decorations. I want to do that but I can't. One day I will, but part of me feels like I should NOW. *sigh* that kind of thinking and not resisting it is what has this country in the economic mess and this time of year is the worst for it. We want to show family and friends how much they mean to us and we really tend to do it by buying things. We would all be better off baking cookies or bread, or maybe helping out with chores or making a special dinner and sending cards for most of our shopping list. We really would.

No comments: